Wednesday, March 5, 2008

annoyed and sad

i guess this might be a kind of vent/whine post.

i feel like im being left behind and forgotten in life. i feel like most (not all) of my friends are living their lives and forgetting about me. people i used to be super super close to and now havent talked to in months. people who i leave messages and comments for and dont hear back. or if i do its weeks or months later. people who *assume* theyre gonna be invited to my wedding, but yet dont talk to me. why would i even bother inviting you if you dont talk to me? i have 5 or so really good friends in life. i used to have A LOT more. people who i used to spend all my time with dont even remember my sons birthday.

how can people say theyre your friends but then just drop you when they feel like it? i dont understand it. maybe thats why im ok not moving back to florida cause ya know what i have ONE friend there. and her wonderful new hubby so really two. but the other 10 or more people i thought would be lifelong friends dont even bother to drop me an email unless i email them first and even then i might not get a response. i know i moved 1500 miles away but im still me im still the person you became friends with. distance isnt an excuse because i still have good friends here in oklahoma that our friendships lasted through my 2.5 year time i lived in florida.

i feel like people are really fake. and its really frustrating. i dont see how you can think were still friends.
deffinition of friendship - friend·ship /ˈfrɛndʃɪp/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[frend-ship] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. the state of being a friend; association as friends: to value a person's friendship.
2. a friendly relation or intimacy.
3. friendly feeling or disposition. [Origin: bef. 900; ME; OE fréondscipe. See
friend, -ship] —Synonyms 2. harmony, accord, understanding, rapport.

deffinition of friend - friend /frɛnd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[frend] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
2. a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
3. a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
4. a member of the same nation, party, etc.
5. (initial capital letter) a member of the Religious Society of Friends; a Quaker. –verb (used with object)
6. Rare. to befriend. —Idiom
7. make friends with, to enter into friendly relations with; become a friend to.


i dont feel like many people are living up to this when it comes to my life. i can count on my one hand people who in real life have lived up to those deffinitions. i dont like that feeling. i mean people dont even take the time out of their busy schedule to answer a myspace or facebook comment. really how hard is that? oh well i guess you learn the truth about people eventually.

its kinda sad my online friends are better friends then most of my real life friends....

4 comments:

amanda. said...

<3 I'd be your friend if I lived closer to you.

I know how you feel though. My college best friend only lives an hour away but as soon as I moved it felt like we were just acquaintances.

Don't be too sad. You're awesome and I'm sure you're gonna make tons of friends as soon as you move.

steponme said...

I am so sorry hun, you know I am ALLLLLLWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSS here for you! I will even let you borrow my underwear for 10 min! lol dont let them get you down!

Melynda said...

Friends are so hard. I have had a hard time with this too. I lost a lot of friends when I got in a committed relationship and then I got married, I had barely any friends come to my stag or showers and now I have a baby. I have cried a lot over this, I miss having a best friend and giggling. You are such a vibrant and wonderful person and it has been so neat getting to know you through your posts.

Karly said...

(((hugs)))...it's just hard as we get older (although I know you are a sweet, young thing!) and our lives get busier and go in different directions. I know it sucks, but just think of what great friends you have at this point...the ones who have stood the test of time, KWIM?

Hang in there! They are the ones missing out on having a great friend like you!

Trying to escape

Trying to escape
Almost 11 months